The Afternoon Science program is designed to offer homeschool students an opportunity to spend an afternoon together participating in a scientific lab, a demonstration and exploring the exhibits. Be sure to make your reservations early because these popular programs fill quickly!
Ages: All ages 5-16
Time: Check-in 1:00 PM; Program between 2:00-4:00 pm. Later dismissal times may apply, as needed.
Program Cost: $6/Student (Non-dissection Labs), $7/Student (Dissection Labs).
Admission Cost: $9/per Non-member (Participating and non-participating children and adults) $0/ for Members!
*Please note day of the week, no change from previous years schedule*
- Depending on programming, the first labs and demos may start as early as 2:00 pm.
- All children must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- Due to the popularity of some programs, Science Central sometimes needs to separate age groups into separate classrooms. If your child wants to be with another child in the same age group, please note that at check-in.
- All course registrations close the week before the Wednesday event at 10:00 AM.
- Parents/Guardians are required to stay in the building for the duration of the day's program.
- Walk-ins on the day of the event will not be permitted. All course registrations close the week before the Wednesday event at 10:00 AM.
- Programs will not be delayed for late arrivals. Always give yourself the full 3 hours.
- Programs are subject to cancellation or change at Science Central's discretion.
Wednesday, October 11
Technology/Electrical Extravaganza Demo
Ages 5-8: Nano Technology
Ages 9-12: GPS Scavenger Hunt
Ages 13-16: Intro to Telescopes
Wednesday, November 8
Engineering/Air Pressure Demo
Ages 5-8: Three Little Pigs Engineering
Ages 9-12: Simple Machines Lab
Ages 13-16: Build It! Bridge It! Break It! Lab
Wednesday, December 6 (please note this date)
Biology/Cow Eye Dissection Demo
Ages 5-8: Frog Dissection
Ages 9-12: Frog Dissection
Ages 13-16: Frog Dissection
Wednesday, January 10
Chemistry/ What’s the Matter? Demo
Ages 5-8: Slimeology
Ages 9-12: Slimeology
Ages 13-16: Investigating Polymers
Wednesday, February 14
Health Science/Body Matters Demo
Ages 5-8: Have a Heart
Ages 9-12: Secret Lives of Cells
Ages 13-16: DNA Extraction Lab
Wednesday, March 14
Environmental Science/Wild Weather Demo
Ages 5-8: Plant Survivor
Ages 9-12: Plant Take Apart
Ages 13-16: Global Human Impacts
Notes:Programs are recommended for age groups based on the level of difficulty in content and developmental appropriateness. Please use discretion when registering your child for a program out of his or her age range. Programs are subject to cancellation or change at Science Central’s discretion. Due to the popularity of some programs, Science Central sometimes needs to separate age groups into different classes.