SPECIAL ABILITIES DAYS
PRESENTED BY AWS FOUNDATION AND SCIENCE CENTRAL
- Tuesday, January 16 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - closed to the public
- Sunday, January 21 (12 - 5 p.m.) - open to the public
- Tuesday, March 13 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - closed to the public
- Sunday, May 13 (12 - 5 p.m.) - open to the public
- Saturday, August 18 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) - open to the public
- Tuesday, September 18 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - closed to the public
- Saturday, November 3 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) - open to the public
- Tuesday, December 11 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - closed to the public
Note: Only the first four dates are currently available for pre-registration.
FREE TO MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WITH SPECIAL ABILITIES WITH PRE-REGISTRATION
Through the generous support of the AWS Foundation, Science Central hosts Special Abilities Days, providing fun science education for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
On Special Abilities Days, modifications are made to our exhibits and programs. These include:
- Lower ambient sound levels
- Increased light in areas that are usually dark
- Access to listening devices
- Less crowded environment
- Extra staff on hand
- Additional demonstrations with extra tactile stimulation
- Access to a private changing table
- Access to a quiet room
This interactive tour is available to help with any before-you-arrive orientations.