AWS SPECIAL ABILITIES DAYS
PRESENTED BY AWS FOUNDATION AND SCIENCE CENTRAL
- Saturday, August 18 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) - open to the public
- Tuesday, September 18 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - closed to the public
- Saturday, November 3 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) - open to the public
- Tuesday, December 11 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - closed to the public
Note: To better serve the needs of our attendees with special abilities, we are going to an automated online process starting for August 2018.
This is a NO COST ticketing system.
You will not be charged anything during this process.
Please note that you will be prompted to create an online account and you will want to save your username & password to assist you in signing up for future Special Abilities Days.
Click on the green beaker, once on our sales site, just pick your date and expected arrival time and follow the prompts.
FREE TO MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WITH SPECIAL ABILITIES WITH PRE-REGISTRATION
Through the generous support of the AWS Foundation, Science Central hosts AWS Special Abilities Days, providing fun science education for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
On Special Abilities Days, modifications are made to our exhibits and programs. These include:
- Lower ambient sound levels
- Increased light in areas that are usually dark
- Access to listening devices
- Less crowded environment
- Extra staff on hand
- Additional demonstrations with extra tactile stimulation
- Access to a private changing table
- Access to a quiet room
This interactive tour is available to help with any before-you-arrive orientations.