(takes place on location at Science Central)
STEM Communication Fellowships
- Are you a researcher, engineer, or medical professional looking to do broader impacts and outreach? Become a STEM Communication Fellow!
- Join a team of STEM professionals at Science Central who are dedicated to promoting a greater appreciation and understanding of science, technology, engineering, and math.
What are the Benefits?
- Enhance your professional communication skills in a dynamic and engaging workshop setting.
- Develop a hands-on educational activity which you can use in multiple educational settings at and beyond Science Central.
- Opportunities to network with local STEM professionals committed to public engagement and education professionals.
- Receive STEM Communication Fellowship certification
Participate in Portal to the Public Professional Development
- 4 part workshop series
- 1 (one) Meeting, one-on-one, with Science Central staff
Develop and prototype a hands-on activity related to your research/work.
- A portion of workshop time will be focused on materials and activity development
- The majority of development will occur outside of the workshops
- Showcase your hands-on activity during our annual Science Fair Recognition Day
Dates for Fall 2017 Portal to the Public workshop series:
September 16 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm
September 30 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm
October 28 from 12:00 - 5:00 pm
November 18 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm
How to Become a STEM Communication Fellow?
What are the time requirements?
- 18 hours direct professional development with Science Central Staff
- 10 hours reflection and project development
What does it cost?
- $250 per partiipant