(Interactive Video Conferencing)
STEM Communication Fellowships
- Are you a researcher, engineer, or medical professional looking to do broader impacts and outreach? Become a STEM Communication Fellow!
- Join a team of STEM professionals at Science Central who are dedicated to promoting a greater appreciation and understanding of science, technology, engineering, and math.
What are the Benefits?
- Enhance your professional communication skills in a dynamic and engaging workshop setting.
- Develop a hands-on educational activity which you can use in multiple educational settings at and beyond Science Central.
- Opportunities to network with local STEM professionals committed to public engagement and education professionals.
- Receive STEM Communication Fellowship certification
Participate in Portal to the Public Professional Development
- 6 part workshop series
- 2 Meeting, one-on-one, with Science Central staff
Develop and prototype a hands-on activity related to your research/work.
- A portion of workshop time will be focused on materials and activity development
- The majority of development will occur outside of the workshops
- Showcase your interactive activity via video conferencing at Science Central.
How to Become a STEM Communication Fellow?
What are the time requirements?
- 14 hours direct professional development with Science Central Staff
- 10 hours reflection and project development
What does it cost?
- $1500 base rate for up to 12 participants
- $150 each for additional participants